PE and Sport at Seamer and Irton CP School
Seamer and Irton CP School is committed to providing the highest quality of sport and PE for all of its pupils as part of a healthy and rewarding lifestyle.
We achieve this by:
• Employing specialist PE teachers and qualified sports coaches to work alongside teachers when teaching PE.
• Purchasing the highest quality resources.
• Building strong links with the local secondary school’s PE department.
• Following recognised national programmes, such as, English School’s Athletics awards, STA swimming awards, golf passport.
• Ensuring all pupils can swim at least 25m by the end of year 6.
• Providing a wide range of extra-curricular clubs.
• Offering an extensive fixtures calendar with pathways to national events.
• Ensuring that our teaching staff have access to regular professional development opportunities in PE.
Last year (2017) our boys' football team were County Champions. We are the first Scarborough school to achieve this honour for more than 15 years. The team were also crowned as Super League Champions and Knockout Cup winners. Boys’ teams in Y5 and Y4 also competed last year. Our girls’ football team finished runners up in the district competition. Our Quadkids athletics teams were County runners up and District Champions. In cross country 12 pupils went on to compete at county level. Our rugby league team were Titan’s Cup winners and Winter Cup runners up and we also entered competitive teams in cricket, netball, gymnastics and table tennis competitions.
The school provides opportunities for every pupil, not just the elite performers, and ensures that every child represents the school in a competitive event before they leave us.
The school is a member of the Scarborough & District primary Schools’ Sports Association which aims to provide sporting events for all the schools in the area and information about the many events it organises can be found here.
To learn more about our School Sports Premium, please click the button below