PE and Sport at Seamer and Irton CP School
Seamer and Irton CP School is committed to providing the highest quality of sport and PE for all of its pupils as part of a healthy and rewarding lifestyle.
We achieve this by:
• Employing specialist PE teachers and qualified sports coaches to work alongside teachers when teaching PE.
• Purchasing the highest quality resources.
• Building strong links with the local secondary school’s PE department.
• Following recognised national programmes, such as, English School’s Athletics awards, STA swimming awards, golf passport.
• Ensuring all pupils can swim at least 25m by the end of year 6.
• Providing a wide range of extra-curricular clubs.
• Offering an extensive fixtures calendar with pathways to national events.
• Ensuring that our teaching staff have access to regular professional development opportunities in PE.
Last year (2016) our Indoor Athletics team were County Champions. We are the first Scarborough school to achieve this honour. Our Quadkids teams were County runners up and District Champions. Another strong year in football saw the boys’ Y6 team crowned as Super League Champions and Knockout Cup winners. Boys’ teams in Y5 and Y4 also finished the season unbeaten last year. Our girls’ football team finished runners up in the district competition. An amazing year in cross country saw the school finish the season as champions in the Y6 girls and Y5 boys competitions, as well as Y2 and Y6 cross country relay champions. Many of those pupils went on to compete at county level. Our rugby league team were Winter Cup winners and Titan’s Shield winners and we also entered competitive teams in cricket, netball, gymnastics and table tennis competitions.
The school provides opportunities for every pupil, not just the elite performers, and ensures that every child represents the school in a competitive event before they leave us.
The school is a member of the Scarborough & District primary Schools’ Sports Association which aims to provide sporting events for all the schools in the area and information about the many events it organises can be found here.
To learn more about our School Sports Premium, please click the button below